From Chair's indicative suggestions document 31/05/17
The text would set out principles and approaches guiding capacity-building and the transfer of marine technology, such as:
- being responsive to periodically assessed needs and priorities of developing countries;
- being long-term and sustainable;
- resulting in co-benefits for providers and recipients;
- international cooperation;
- involving participation of all stakeholders, including from the private sector; and
- preferential treatment for developing countries.